Comptroller Home    
    Home    |     Individuals    |     Businesses    |     Tax Professionals    |      Careers     |     CompNet    |
Online Services:

Individuals Tax
Estimated Tax Calculator
Extension Request
Refund Status
Unclaimed Property

Businesses Tax
Business Registration
Employer Withholding
Exemption Verification
Extension Request

Contact Information

Maryland Combined Registration Online Application

You must have a federal employer identification number (FEIN) before you can register your business, unless you are a sole proprietorship or applying for a sales and use tax license only and do not have a FEIN. Apply for a FEIN

The online Central Registration Application is currently undergoing maintenance. Until maintenance is completed, requests to add additional Sales and Use tax locations to an existing account should be made by using the paper application. You may download the paper application here. Please fax the completed application to (410)260-7908.

You cannot use this online service to apply for a sales and use tax exemption certificate. You must download the paper version to apply for the exemption.

You can use this online application to register the following business tax accounts:

  • Admissions and amusement tax account
  • Income tax withholding account
  • Sales and use tax license (See note above regarding exemption certificates)
  • Use tax account
  • Tire recycling fee
  • Transient vendor license
  • Unemployment insurance account
You need to download the paper version to apply for the following:
  • Sales and use tax exemption certificate
  • Alcohol tax license
  • Tobacco tax license
  • Motor fuel tax account

Complete the paper application and mail to:

Comptroller of Maryland
Revenue Administration Center
110 Carroll Street
Annapolis, Maryland 21411-0001

Before you begin the online registration, please review some important Instructions.

Be sure to print a copy of each page during the online registration process to keep for your records. Please allow two weeks for processing the Central Registration Application. You will receive your license and coupons (if requested) by U/S. mail.

©2003 Comptroller of Maryland. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Give us your feedback